Banana Oat Pancakes
Who has a major sweet tooth, but also wants to eat healthy and stay natural? Try making these in your Omniblend this weekend!
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 ¼ cups Almond milk see below for how to make your own!!
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon local honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large organic egg
- coconut oil or butter for cooking
- Place all ingredients, except egg and coconut oil in the Omniblend and blend until smooth. Add egg and pulse a few times until egg is fully incorporated.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and melt a teaspoon or two of coconut oil. When hot, pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side) and serve hot with maple syrup.
If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk to thin. Learn how to make your own almond milk here!