Add this beautiful beetroot hummus to your Christmas nibble platters!
- 2 large beetroot
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin – can be whole.
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Peel and cut beetroot into small squares. Add water to a double boiler and then steam beetroot for about 15mins until tender. While the beetroot are cooking add chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, cumin, paprika, olive oil and salt into your Omniblend. Use the Pulse function to blend
- Once the beetroot has cooled off a little, add them to your Omniblend and purée all ingredients until the desired texture.
- Serve with chopped veges, crackers or crusty bread!
If you want, you can use sesame seeds instead of tahini and use a bit of the liquid from the canned chickpeas to make the hummus. It’s a bit wetter but it thickens up when standing.