Carob & Fennel Sweetmeats – Sugar Free Energy Snack
- ¼ cup linseed flaxseed
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup finely ground desiccated coconut
- 1-2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2-4 fresh medjool dates stones removed
- Zest of one orange – peel thinly if adding to Omniblend otherwise finely grated.
- 1 tblsp soaked goji berries optional
- 2 tblsp carob powder plus extra for rolling the sweetmeats
- ½ tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tblsp organic coconut oil
- A little water to mix if necessary
- Place all the ingredients in the Omniblend except the coconut oil and water.
- PULSE until blended until fine in texture, then add the coconut oil and blend again for about 35 seconds. If the mix doesn’t form a ball, add a tablespoon of water and blend again until it clumps together as dough would.
- Spoon out a teaspoonful at a time and roll between your palms to form an even ball, then roll in carob powder, desiccated coconut, poppy or sesame seeds, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.