- 4 cups chicken stock (learn how to make your own here).
- 2 potatoes diced, to make the soup thicker
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots scrubbed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 of a large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cup grated tasty
- cheddar cheese (see below for dairy-free option)
- 1 cup milk (or cashew-nut or almond milk)
- Herbs to garnish (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
In a large saucepan, combine the stock, potatoes, onion, carrots, garlic, and cauliflower.
Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the mustard powder, black pepper, and salt (to taste) and transfer portions of the soup to your Omniblender to puree, making sure to leave the bung out of the lid!
Return the pureed soup to the saucepan, reduce the heat to low and add the cheese and milk and stir well.
Continue to cook over low heat for about 5 more minutes until the soup is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
You can now adjust seasonings to your taste.
Garnish with herbs if desired before serving.
For dairy-free/vegan options, substitute the cheese for cashew nuts (add to the soup before blending), and use cashew-nut or almond milk.