Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Smooth, creamy, cheesy cauliflower soup, packed with loads of hidden veggie goodness. The whole family will love this delicious recipe.
- 4 cups chicken stock learn how to make your own here
- 2 potatoes diced to make the soup thicker
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 of a large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Herbs to garnish optional
In a large saucepan, combine the stock, potatoes, onion, carrots, garlic, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the mustard powder, black pepper, and salt (to taste) and transfer portions of the soup to your blender to puree, making sure to be careful with the hot soup.
Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese and milk and stir well.
Continue to cook over low heat for about 5 more minutes until the soup is warmed through and the cheese is melted. You can now adjust seasonings to your taste.
Garnish with herbs if desired before serving.