Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Smooth, creamy, cheesy cauliflower soup, packed with loads of hidden veggie goodness. The whole family will love this delicious recipe.
- 4 cups chicken stock learn how to make your own here
- 2 potatoes diced to make the soup thicker
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 of a large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Herbs to garnish optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the stock, potatoes, onion, carrots, garlic, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the mustard powder, black pepper, and salt (to taste) and transfer portions of the soup to your blender to puree, making sure to be careful with the hot soup.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese and milk and stir well.
- Continue to cook over low heat for about 5 more minutes until the soup is warmed through and the cheese is melted. You can now adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Garnish with herbs if desired before serving.
Recipe adapted from https://anoregoncottage.com/cauliflower-cheese-soup/