Chocolately Almond Butter Slice
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 100-150 grams good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a square baking dish with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate into chunks. Put aside.
- Place the all of the ingredients except for the dark chocolate into your blender. Process the ingredients until smoothly combined, scraping down the side of the jug occasionally to ensure nothing is missed. You should end up with a thick result that looks more like a sticky wet cookie dough than a runny batter.
- Fold two thirds of the chocolate chunks into the batter, reserving the rest for pressing in to the top.
- Scoop out the batter and smooth it into your lined baking pan/dish. This can be easier by first pushing the batter in with a spatula, then finishing by dipping your fingertips in some extra almond milk and pressing it down for a smooth, even finish. Then, press the remaining dark chocolate chunks into the top.
- Bake the bars for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top is a deep golden brown and cooked evenly across the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing.
Revitalise your digestive system by incorporating digestive bitters into your wellness routine for a healthier gut and overall enhanced well-being
Normally people poop 1 to 3 times a day. This should be soft and easy, not urgent, loose, or crampy. Constipation happens when your large intestine absorbs too much water from your poop, drying it out. This makes it hard and difficult to pass. There are many reasons a person might get constipated.
Wholegrains, nuts and seeds are well-known as sources of all-important dietary fibre. Do you need soluble fibre? Or insoluble fibre? Can you get your dietary fibre from other sources? Read on to find out.Soluble Fibre. Insoluble Fibre. What is the Difference? How Do...