Cool as Cucumber Smoothie
Cool off with this crisp, quick refreshing smoothie. Instead of juicing those extra cucumbers, blend them up and get all the goodness in one go. You’ll get loads of potassium, vitamin K and more good nutrition.
You will need:
- 1 large telegraph cucumber (pre chillled is best) (or 4-6 lebanese cucumbers)
- 1 cup packed mint leaves
- 30 mL lime or elderflower syrup
- 1.5 cups soda water (pre-chilled)
- Wash the cucumbers. Do not peel. Add to blender.
- Wash the mint leaves. Remove thick stalks. Add to blender
- Add the lime or elderberry syrup.
- Add a splash of water – just enough to cover the blades.
- Blend for 35 secs (Auto setting) or on HIGH for 30 secs.
- Add the soda water. Pulse to mix.
- Pour into pre-chilled glasses over a few cubes of ice if desired. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- 48mg Calcium
- 39mg Magnesium
- 442mg Potassium
- 21mg folate
- 49mg vitamin K
- 8mg vitamin C
- 316IU vitamin A
- 18mg choline
and only 6mg of sodium.
Persimmon Smoothie Here's a Persimmon Smoothie recipe for autumn. Just 3 ingredients, but full of persimmon flavonoids and vitamins, plus the goodness of spinach! 4-5 persimmons (seeds removed) ½ bunch spinach (about 200g) 2-3 cups water Roughly chop the persimmons...
Birthday Breakfast Smoothie Try out this tropical breakfast smoothie for a birthday treat. Not a hint of green in sight - only delicious summery fruits! 1 mango (peeled and sliced off stone)1 banana (peeled)⅓ fresh pineapple (skin off, core in)pulp of 4 or 5...
Very Berry Smoothie This very berry smoothie is like having a fruit salad in a glass! It's packed full of those antioxidants berries are known for, not to mention flavour! 1 banana (peeled)1 cup Fresh or frozen blueberries2 golden kiwifruit (peeled)1 orange...