Fresh Herb Sauce
Nothing beats a homemade fresh herb sauce! This recipe makes about 400ml – Make plenty while herbs are in abundance in your garden and freeze in glass jars.
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ – 1 teaspoon sea salt, kelp or seaweed (eg karengo)
- about 350mLs extra virgin olive oil
- 150 mL flaxseed oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
Gather large bunches of the following:
- Flat-leafed parsley
- Rosemary – soft growing ends remove leaves from stalks
- Dandelion – handful of young leaves
- Nasturtium – young leaves and flowers
- Kawakawa leaves
- Calendula flowers
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz to a soft loose sauce.
- Serve with fresh breads, on hot toast, as a sauce on fish, with eggs, instead of pesto, with pasta or similar, stir into a soup or use as a dip with crudité.
- Optional – you can add capers, gherkins, chilli and chopped shallots for extra character.
Recipe from Sarah La Touche