White Bean, Garlic and Lemon Dip
Let the hot summer BBQs begin! This white bean, garlic and lemon dip works perfectly as an accompaniment to crackers or fresh veges. You can also serve it up hot as a side dish to roast and grilled chicken or lamb.
- 400 g can white beans
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon finely grated zest + 1 Tbsp juice
- 1 pinch Chili flakes
- 1 pinch Smoked paprika
- 1 pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 edamame beans cooked, or cooked and peeled broad beans.
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 20 bruchetta or crostini bases
- Place beans in a pot with garlic, olive oil, lemon zest, chili and smoked paprika. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, then stir in lemon juice.
- Blend in Omniblend using low speed then PULSE, Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spread onto bruschetta bases, top with broad beans or edamame. Then drizzle with olive oil.
- Keeps for up to a week in the fridge.
Recipe adapted, and photo sourced from www.eatwell.co.nz