Homemade Sore Throat Gummies
In any change of season sore throats, colds and other bugs can creep up on us. Show those bugs who is boss and arm yourself with homemade throat gummies filled with immune boosting ingredients! Kids will love them too!
- 2 cups of water
- 2 – 3 cm piece of ginger peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons gelatine
- Put 2 cups of water and the prepared ginger into a saucepan. Bring to the boil on your stove. Reduce the heat to low, let simmer for 20mins.
- Strain sliced ginger out of water and return water to the saucepan. You should have about 1 cup of liquid remaining as the water will have reduced.
- Over a medium heat add honey to taste to the ginger water. Bring to a simmer again, then remove from the heat.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your Omniblender. Gradually add gelatine 1 tablespoon at a time and pulse until smooth NB: leave the bung out of the lid to let the heat escape. Secure the lid with your hand, but do not let your hand cover the bung-hole. At this point once the mixture has cooled down a bit, add lemon juice to taste.
- Now pour into silicone moulds or a baking dish and transfer to the fridge for at least 15 minutes or until set.
- Remove gummies from the moulds, or slice the sheet into squares if using a baking dish.
- Eat or store in a sealed glass jar in the fridge.
Recipe adapted and photo sourced from https://hellocreativefamily.com