Lemon-Lime Feijoa Mousse – Makes 3 Serves
Treat yourself to this lemon-lime feijoa mousse, which combines the tanginess of citrus with the delicious sweetness of feijoas.
- 5 or 6 large Feijoas or 12 -15 small ones
- 1 cup of any of your choice of plain yoghurt coconut cream or whipped cream (your mousse will be lighter with at least 1/3c of cream, whipped)
- 2 tblsp lemon or lime juice or 1 of each
- 1 tblsp gelatine
- 2 tbsp boiling water to dissolve gelatine
- 2 tblsp sugar
- Scoop the flesh from half of the feijoas.
- Put in the Omniblend with the washed unpeeled ones, plus the lemon/lime juice and coconut cream or yoghurt if using. Blend briefly – about 15 secs (a little bit chunky adds texture)
- Add the sugar
- Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water.
- Add to feijoa mix and PULSE a couple of times to combine.
- Whip the cream and add to the blender. PULSE to combine.
- Pour into individual serving bowls or a mousse dish or round bowl to set. TIP: line the bowl with cling film to make it easier to get the mousse out and present on a flat plate to serve.
- Decorate with twisted feijoa slices, grated chocolate and and small amount whipped cream if desired.
- Put in fridge to set for 4-6 hours.