Oat and Cocoa Pancakes
Up for for eating chocolaty things at breakfast or brunch with the family in pyjamas? Time for a new pancake recipe! Here is a dairy-free chocolate and oat pancake recipe to covet this weekend. Don’t forget to blend your dry ingredients using the PULSE function in your Omniblend first!
- 2 ¼ cups wholegrain oats
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk make your own!
- 1 large ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate or a crumbled up Easter egg!
- Coconut oil or vegetable oil or butter for greasing the pan
- Warm a pan or griddle to medium high.
- Combine the oats and cocoa powder in your blender and blend until mixed thoroughly.
- Add banana, honey, almond milk, sea salt, vanilla and baking powder and blend until combined.
- Add egg and pulse to combine.
- Stir in chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter or oil on your warm pan or griddle
- Drop batter in ¼ cup portions onto pan or griddle.
- Cook on the first side until the edges start to become darker brown and look set, and bubbles begin forming throughout the batter (about 2-4 minutes).
- Turn over and cook on the second side for 3-4 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Serve warm with more pure maple syrup and fresh berries or your toppings of choice!
Learn how to make your own nut milk here! Recipe sourced from https://joyfoodsunshine.com/gluten-free-double-chocolate-oatmeal-pancakes-video/