Pumpkin and Tahini Soup
Do you stay on your usual meal time schedule when at home rather than at work? Unnecessary snacking can be very tempting, with the fridge right there. (!) Try blending up warming, immune boosting soups like this spiced pumpkin and tahini soup.
- 1 kg Crown pumpkin deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 large Onion peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 large Garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried chilli flakes
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200C. Put the pumpkin, onion and garlic on an oven tray and drizzle with 2Tbsp olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper, then toss to make sure everything is well coated. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside until the pumpkin is cool enough to handle. Peel off the skin and squeeze the garlic from its skin.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, heavy pot. Add the spices and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the roasted vegetables. Stir to coat, then add the vegetable stock. Simmer gently for 20 minutes, then tip into your blender. Add the tahini and whiz until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add the vinegar. Whiz again. Transfer back to the pot and reheat gently to serve. If you want to add extra heat, swirl a drizzle of hot sauce through the soup before serving.
Recipe sourced from: https://www.eatwell.co.nz/recipe/17832/Spiced-pumpkin-and-tahini-soup/