Shannyn MacGibbon Registered Naturopath & Medical Herbalist (BNatMed)
Shannyn MacGibbon is a degree qualified and registered Naturopath and Medical Herbalist (BNatMed) (mNMHNZ, mNZAMH)
Shannyn believes in a balanced and holistic approach to health.
Through her own health journey that led her to see a naturopath, she was able to improve her health and found a passion for naturopathic medicine that created her path to study a Bachelor of Natural Medicine at South Pacific College of Natural Medicine (SPCNM). Combined with her existing love for nutrition and exercise, naturopathy was the perfect addition. She has recently completed the internship at House of Health, under Sharon Erdrich‘s guidance.
Shannyn’s particular areas of interest include:
- Chronic pain conditions (including fibromyalgia)
- Digestive complaints (reflux, gastritis, SIBO, IBS and more)
- Other musculoskeletal conditions (including rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis)
- Promoting optimal immunity
- Supporting people with hormonal problems
- Sport and injury recovery – including concussion
- Anxiousness, stress and low mood
- Healthy brain function and cognition
How a consultation with Shannyn works
The initial appointment comprises a comprehensive case take where your health journey and health concerns will be heard. The whole picture is important, so we put aside about 90 minutes for this. Shannyn will outline her recommendations, and together with you, formulate a plan, using nutritional advice, lifestyle changes, with herbal and supplement prescriptions where necessary. Further testing may be recommended to help form a fuller picture about the root cause (or causes) of your health concerns to ensure recommendations are appropriately targeted.
Follow-up appointments are usually 30 minutes – these help track progress and guide you along with your healing process. For going over complex tests and reports, a 60 minute consultation is usually needed.
Education & Awards
2022 Bachelor of Natural Medicine
2012 Bachelor of Arts (Event Management)
Professional Association Membership
- Naturopaths & Medical Herbalists of NZ (NMHNZ)
- NZ Association of Medical Herbalists (NZAMH)
Book an appointment to see Shannyn. Fees are outlined here