Quick Lentil Burgers
Did you know that the Omniblend can make burger patties? Read below vege burger fans!
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils
- 1 cup brown onion diced (about 1 medium onion)
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 pita pockets
- optional: ketchup, mustard, eggless mayo, lemon wedges
- In the Omniblend combine lentils, onion, oats, cumin, paprika and salt. Blend using the pulse action and until just a few whole lentils remain.
- Form lentil mixture into patties one-quarter cup each in size. Place patties on a plate and refrigerate about 10 minutes to firm up.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Cook patties until browned, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve in Pita bread, or in Lettuce cups or your favourite burger buns!