Raw Chocolate Truffles
Perfect to give away as a Christmas gift, or to have as a Christmas treat in the house. Great for those who eat a plant-based, paleo or gluten-free diet.
- 12 Medjool dates soaked in hot water to soften if not already soft drain before using
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour of choice
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 tablespoon of any superfood powder you like try maca or matcha
- Cacao powder
- Add the Medjool dates to the blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Add the flour, almond butter, cacao powder, maca powder (or powder of choice), and sea salt.
- Blend until completely combined and smooth, using the tamper to make sure everything is incorporated and scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to make tablespoon-sized balls. Roll into balls between your hands. Place the cacao powder in separate bowls, and then roll each ball in cacao powder.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
(Adapted from bakerita.com)