Ultimate Avocado Hummus
- 2 avocados
- 400 g canned chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove finely grated or minced
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp jalapeno tabasco
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or pine nuts
- 1 small bunch fresh italian parsley or coriander, picked
- Cut avocados around the stone length ways and twist to separate into halves. Remove stone with a spoon or by stabbing with a sharp knife and twisting it out. Place avocado flesh in Omniblend along with chickpeas, garlic, cumin, Tabasco, salt, tahini and lime juice. Blend until smooth, for about 1 minute.
- While the Omniblend is running, in a slow steady stream drizzle in the olive oil, taking about 1 minute. Transfer to an airtight container, cover surface with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- To serve, allow hummus to reach room temperature then transfer to a shallow bowl. Top with toasted seeds or pine nuts and fresh herbs then drizzle with more extra virgin olive oil.