How to Make Your Own Nut Milk
Make the best nut milk ever. No preservatives. 25% almonds. So easy. You’ll wonder why you didn’t do this before! You choose the nuts – you can even use rolled oats to make oat milk if you prefer. You will need: nuts, water, salt, a professional strength blender and a nut milk bag
- 1 cup raw nuts of your choice or a mix of nuts (try throwing in a few Brazils to make sure you get some selenium)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups water plus extra for soaking the nuts
- Soak overnight; 1 cup raw nuts of your choice
- Discard the soak water, then put the soaked nuts, 1/4 tsp of salt and 4 cups of water in your Omniblender
- Blend for 60 seconds.
- Strain through the nut milk bag into a one-litre capacity jug. Hang the bag to let it drain. Squeeze to get as much liquid out as possible.
- Transfer to a glass bottle and refrigerate. Use within 3 days.
TIPS: freeze your nut milk in ice-cube trays. Freeze the nut meat and use to make almond-based cookies or cakes when you have enough saved up. Nothing gets wasted.