SunFiber®Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum (PHGG), Organic
$9.50 – $33.99
SunFiber® is partially hydrolysed guar gum (PHGG). A certified organic, low FODMAP, highly soluble fibre, Sunfiber® promotes healthy digestive balance without the uncomfortable side effects often associated with other fibres.
The invisible fibre with visible benefits.
Sunfiber® Partially Hydrolysed Guar Gum, sometimes called PHGG, is an innovative, soluble dietary fibre which provides digestive support, satiety, and has both prebiotic and probiotic features. It promotes healthy balance in the digestive system without the excess gas or bloating often seen with other fibres.
Sunfiber® is a clinically proven, gluten-free soluble fiber, that is clear when mixed with water. It is a true regulating fiber, improving constipation and poor elimination, and occasional diarrhoea and loose stools. The result is regularity with stool of a healthy consistency.*
What is Sunfiber® Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum?
Sunfiber® is produced by hydrolyzation of guar gum, a galactomannan-based soluble dietary fibre. Hydrolyzation is a controlled natural enzymatic process that breaks guar gum down into smaller units, greatly decreasing its viscosity and allowing the particles to dissolve more readily, while maintaining the original fibre content.
Sunfiber® is a 100% gluten-free fibre. In contrast, many soluble fibres contain gluten, or claim to be gluten-free while having levels as high as 20 ppm.This unique fibre is gentle on your system, tasteless, colourless and odourless and promotes healthy digestive system with many benefits.
How can Sunfiber® Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum Aid Digestive Health?
Digestive health plays an important role in our daily life. Yet maintaining optimal bowel function can be complicated for some. Being free from constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, flatulence and abdominal pain improves quality of life in many ways.
Sunfiber® is certified low FODMAP. It supports healthy digestive function without uncomfortable side effects, such as excessive gas, bloating, or loose stool that is commonly seen with high FODMAP foods and fibres in some people. It helps move food through the digestive tract at the right pace, helping you feel full longer. Sunfiber® powder can be easily added to a wide range of food and drinks without affecting the taste, aroma or texture. Sunfiber® decreases the post-meal glucose spike by reducing the glycaemic index of foods to which it is added.
Sunfiber® is a true regulating fibre that not only helps with occasional constipation, but uniquely helps with diarrhoea as well, returning stool content to a normal healthy state without the typical bloating, cramping and gas production of other fibers. Sunfiber® provides a healthy satiety effect and enhances mineral absorption. Sunfiber® has Grade A and Level 1 evidence recommendation by Clinical Nutrition Supplements.
Sunfiber® Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum (PHGG) has been shown to help improve a number of markers of digestive function. Clinical studies demonstrating effectiveness are listed below.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Appetite control
- Improvement in intestinal microbial balance
- Gut dysbiosis symptoms and behavioral irritability in children with autism spectrum disorder
- Chronic anal fissure
- Metabolic syndrome profile in type 2 diabetes
- Increases intestinal abosrption of iron
- Decreases postprandial blood glucose and glucose absorption
Nutritional Information per serve (7g or 1.5 level tablespoons)
|Sunfiber® Guar Fibre (Partially Hydrolysed Guar Gum)||7g|
Other ingredients: None. House of Health's Sunfiber® is 100% pure.
- Sunfiber® has been shown to improve the growth of helpful bacteria and decrease harmful bacteria.*
- Sunfiber® will not lead to diarrhoea with frequent consumption.*
- Sunfiber® has a healthy satiety effect, slowing gut transit time and increasing satiation hormones, resulting in a comfortably full and satiated feeling.*
- Sunfiber® is all natural and 100% Gluten Free (many so called gluten-free fibers contain levels up to 20 ppm gluten).
- Non GMO Project Verified, Certified Organic Production, Low FODMAP certified, Certified Glyphosate Residue Free, Kosher, Halal, and Vegan.
- No dairy, soy, sugar, salt, wheat, eggs, artificial flavours or other potential allergens.No preservatives or artificial ingredients.
How to Use Sunfiber® PHGG
- Mix into plain water or other drinks, smoothies. Sprinkle into your cereal or other foods.
- Take 1 1/2 level tablespoons daily (6g) or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Store in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Niv et al. Randomized clinical study: Partially hydrolyzed guar gum (PHGG) versus placebo in the treatment of patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2016; 13: 10.
- Ohashi et al. Consumption of partially hydrolysed guar gum stimulates Bifidobacteria and butyrate producing bacteria in the human large intestine. Beneficial Microbes 2015; 6:451-455.
- Okubo et al. Effects of partially hydrolyzed guar gum intake on human intestinal microflora and its metabolism. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 1994; 58:1364-1369.
- Takahashi et al. Influence of partially hydrolyzed guar gum on constipation in women. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol. 1994b; 40:251.259.
- Inoue et al. Dietary supplementation with partially hydrolyzed guar gum helps improve constipation and gut dysbiosis symptoms and behavioral irritability in children with autism spectrum disorder. J. Clin. Biochem.Nutr. Published online: 7 March 2019 | 1–7.
- More research here: https://sunfiber.com/research/