Love Dark Chocolate? Love Brain Food?
Inspired by decadent dark chocolate and our delicious Ārepa Neuroberry blackcurrants, indulge in delightful Chocolate Ārepa Brain-ies
- 190 g butter
- 200 g coconut sugar or Monk fruit for a lower carb option
- 190 g dark chocolate minimum 70%
- 5 eggs
- 190 g almond meal grind using PULSE in your OmniBlender
- 45 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups frozen blackcurrants
- 100 g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp Ārepa brain food powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or Monk fruit powder
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water
- Preheat oven to 160C & line a 23cm x 23cm tray with baking paper
Prepare the Blackcurrants
- Simmer the blackcurrants & 1 tbsp coconut sugar until hot. Add cream cheese, stir until melted. Slowly pour in cornflour slurry to thicken (stirring constantly to avoid lumps).
Make the Brownies
- Melt butter and chocolate together, add vanilla and mix well. Keep warm
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs
- Mix the dry ingredients, melted chocolate and butter, and eggs. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin
- Gently pour the blackcurrant-cream-cheese mix over the base and use a spoon to swirl carefully.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out (just) clean. Don't overcook – its better under than over.
- Serve, share, eat and enjoy!