Our Herbal Defense Immune Tonic can help you keep colds and flu at bay. Or help you fight them off faster.
On average, children have six to eight colds per year and adults have two to four. Our Herbal Defense Immune tonic contains herbal medicines to help boost your immune system so you can hold colds at bay.:
- Echinacea – one of the best-researched immune stimulant and tonic herbs. Echinacea is a herb that has both antiviral and antibacterial properties as it stimulates the body to produce more white blood cells, which fight infection.
- Elderberry & Elderflower – from both the berries and flowers, this herb is packed with quercetin, an antioxidant that has immune supportive properties with both antihistamine and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Olive leaf extract – olive leaf is great as a preventive agent and has powerful antioxidant properties. It has traditionally been used in western medicine to support the immune system, maintain general well-being and to relieve symptoms of coughs, colds and flu
Research shows that supporting your immune system with botanical can reduce the incidence of colds and flu and help you to recover more quickly, particularly if you are stressed.(PMID22962927). Here are some other things to help:
- Vitamin D may reduce incidence of respiratory tract infections (PMC5310969)
- Zinc shortens duration of common cold (PMID: 23775705)
- High dose vitamin C reduces incidence and duration of common cold (Harvard Health) https://www.health.harvard.edu/cold-and-flu/can-vitamin-c-prevent-a-cold
- Allicin (the active compound extracted from garlic) can help to reduce the frequency of colds (PMID22962927)
Make an appointment for a thorough health consultation to address any other deficiencies or contributing factors that put your immune system under stress.