Strawberry Rose Tart
Fall in love with spring every year? We do too. Celebrate the season with this beautiful non-dairy, no-bake strawberry rose tart.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 dates
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cardamom
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1½ cups full fat coconut cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp agar agar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Optional: Additional strawberry powder
- a handful of blueberries
- a handful of dragon fruit balls
- chocolate hearts
- edible flowers
- or any of your favourite fruit or toppings
- Blend the almonds and pistachios in a food processor/blender.
- Add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix well until you obtain a uniform sticky mixture.
- Add the crust dough to a tart tin (8″/20cm) and spread it evenly on the whole surface. If possible chill the mix in the fridge while you prepare the filling as this will help solidify it.
- For the dairy-free strawberry and rose filling begin by blending the strawberries until you obtain a puree-like mix.
- Heat up the coconut cream in a medium saucepan. Stir well till smooth.
- Add the strawberry puree and the rest of the filling ingredients including the corn starch and agar again.
- While stirring continuously, bring to a slow boil and cook for a few minutes until the mix thickens.
- When the mixture has become thicker remove from the heat and let cool down for 10-15 minutes. Then pour over the crust and leave to cool completely.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours at least, until filling is fully set.
- Decorate with blueberries, dragon fruit balls and edible flowers or with your own favourite toppings.
Recipe sourced from https://www.alphafoodie.com/vegan-strawberry-rose-tart/