Chocolately Almond Butter Slice
These easy blender chocolate almond butter bars are studded with dark chocolate chunks. Gluten free, grain free (paleo) and dairy free, a healthier dessert or indulgent snack!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 100-150 grams good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a square baking dish with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate into chunks. Put aside.
- Place the all of the ingredients except for the dark chocolate into your blender. Process the ingredients until smoothly combined, scraping down the side of the jug occasionally to ensure nothing is missed. You should end up with a thick result that looks more like a sticky wet cookie dough than a runny batter.
- Fold two thirds of the chocolate chunks into the batter, reserving the rest for pressing in to the top.
- Scoop out the batter and smooth it into your lined baking pan/dish. This can be easier by first pushing the batter in with a spatula, then finishing by dipping your fingertips in some extra almond milk and pressing it down for a smooth, even finish. Then, press the remaining dark chocolate chunks into the top.
- Bake the bars for approximately 25 minutes, or until the top is a deep golden brown and cooked evenly across the top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing.
Recipe adapted from https://nourisheveryday.com/blender-chocolate-almond-butter-bars/