Ārepa – Nootropic Brain Food
$5.21 – $72.00
Ārepa is a nootropic an antioxidant helps support the brain health, mental and physcial performance, and great for fatigue and anxiety.
✔ Promotes Neurological Function
✔ Supports Combating Mental Fatigue, Stress and Anxiety
✔ 100% Natural, Caffeine Free
✔ Perfect in a Drink, Smoothie, Baking & More.
Ārepa is for the brain.
Ārepa is designed by neuroscientists with scientifically proven ingredients of Neuroberry® (NZ grown Blackcurrant extract), Enzogenol® (NZ Pine bark extract), and L-theanine. Carries high levels of Anthocyanins and Vitamin C, it supports neurological function and brings down fatigue, especially when you are under stress and need to perform. Ārepa is100% natural, caffeine free, and made here in New Zealand - Aotearoa.
- Promotes mental clarity and calmness
- Supports neurological function
- Ideal for stressful situation and when you need to perform
- Helps physical performance and recovery
- Supports immune function
- Caffeine free
Blackcurrants is a super antioxidant and has exceptional level of polyphenols, which is higher than other types of berries. Due to the high levels of UV exposure, and optimal soil and climate conditions, New Zealand blackcurrants carry 30% more antioxidants than European and North American varieties.This has shown to improve sports performance(1), reduces free radicals(2) and supports cognitive performance(3).
Pine Bark Extract
Enzogenol® is a clinically researched, another antioxidant extracted from the pure and sustainably grown pine forests in New Zealand. A study shows New Zealand pine bark extract (Enzogenol®) supports healthy brain function and cognitive performance(4), healthy glucose response(5), and improves cardiovascular function(6).
L-Theanine is an amino acid, found particularly in green tea. Its structuer is similar to a neurotransmitter l-glutamine and is demonstrated to cross the blood brain barrier. Suntheanine® is the purest form of L-theanine on the market, sourced from Japan. Human clinical trials have shown Suntheanine® assists relaxation without drowsiness, by an increase in Alpha brain waves, and a decrease in Beta brain waves. Suntheanine® may also improve the quality of sleep, supports while you exprience symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), supporting learning performance, boosting mental acuity, stimulating concentration, and assisting the optimal immune function. There will be no negative side effects from caffeine either since it's caffeine free!
Ingredients & Nutritional Information
Ārepa Lite + Sparkling
Ultra-Purified New Zealand (NZ) Water
Ārepa Nootropic Powder
Freeze Dried New Zealand Blackcurrant NEUROBERRY® (93%)
How to take
- Drinks: for the full benefit consume a full 300mL bottle. You can mix with cold/hot water.
- Powder: 1 heaped teaspoon (5g) can be mixed in smoothies, juices, yoghurts, cereals, and raw baking.
- Freeze dried berreis: Snack on, or add them to your cereal, smoothies, yoghurt, or raw baking.
- Drinks - ambient stable but preferred chilled. Once opened, keep refrigerated.
- Powders and freeze dried berries - store in a cool dry place.
- A, J. B., V, X. S. & R, D. H. (2020). The effect of New Zealand blackcurrant on sport performance and related biomarkers: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 17(1), 25. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-020-00354-9
- Edirisinghe, I., Banaszewski, K., Cappozzo, J., McCarthy, D., & Burton-Freeman, B. M. (2011). Effect of black currant anthocyanins on the activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in vitro in human endothelial cells. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 59(16), 8616–8624. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf201116y
- Watson, A. W., Jaskell-Ramsay, C. F., Kennedy, D. O., Cooney, J. M., Trower, T., & Scheepens, A. (2015). Acute supplementation with blackcurrant extracts modulates cognitive functioning and inhibits monoamine oxidase-B in healthy young adults. Journal of Functional Foods, 17, 524-539. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jff.2015.06.005
- Pipingas, A., Silberstein, R. B., Vitetta, L., Rooy, C. V., Harris, E. V., Young, J. M., Frampton, C. M., Sali, A., Nastasi, J., 2008. Improved cognitive performance after dietary supplementation with a pinus radiata bark extract formulation. Phytotherapy Research 22, 1168-1174.
- Lim, WXJ et al., 2019. An acute, placebo‐controlled, crossover study to assess the effects of New Zealand pine bark extract on glycaemic responses in healthy participants. Nutrients 2019 Conference: Nutritional Advances in the Prevention and Management of Chronic Disease. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12020497
- Shand, B., Strey, C., Scott, R., Morrison, Z., Gieseg, S., 2003. Pilot study on the clinical effects of dietary supplementation with enzogenol, a flavonoid extract of pine bark and vitamin c. Phytotherapy Research 17, 490-494.
- Unno, K., Tanida, N., Ishii, N., Yamamoto, H., Iguchi, K., Hoshino, M., Takeda, A., Ozawa, H., Ohkubo, T., Juneja, L. R., & Yamada, H. (2013). Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety and subjective stress. Pharmacology, biochemistry, and behavior, 111, 128–135. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pbb.2013.09.004
Performance (300mL), Performance (4x 300mL), Lite + Sparkling (300mL), Lite + Sparkling (750mL), Neuroberry (180g), Brainfood Powder (150g)