Breath Test for Lactose Intolerance
$215.00 – $345.00
Analysis of breath samples: collected before and after a (control) lactulose challenge, then a lactose challenge, to establish lactose intolerance.
Are you dairy intolerant? Dairy products contain several compounds that people may react to. This test is diagnostic for lactose intolerance. Lactose is the natural sugar found in milk and products made from milk.
The diagnostic procedure involves conducting TWO tests: one is a control test and the second is for the lactose. Each test is done on a different day.
Please note: test results are delivered in the context of a professional consultation - either in our clinic, by tele-consult or to the registered health consultant you specify.
How is it done?
- After ordering the test kits, you will be sent the collection equipment and instructions.
- Each test is collected in the morning, after an overnight fast.
- In order to perform this test at home you will need to restrict your diet of the 24 hours prior to the test. Diet preparation instructions are here.
Please watch this video which explains the procedure.
- Correct technique for collection is critical, otherwise your samples may be invalid. If you are not sure that you can collect the samples correctly, please make an appointment to conduct the test in-clinic (by appointment)
- You will collect a baseline breath sample, and then take a drink with dissolved test substance mixed with water.
- Collection of subsequent breath samples is done following the specific instructions for each test sugar.
What will I need?
Water and glass.
Everything else is supplied in the test kits.
Once the first test has been completed, you can eat and drink normally, resuming the test preparation diet for one full day prior to conducting the second test.
Package the tubes in the box they came in, place in the courier bag provided and either phone the courier (the number is on the instructions with the kit) or take it to your post office.
The results will be released to your health-care provider.
CAUTION: this test is not to be undertaken by those with diabetes (type 1) or with a dairy allergy (as distinct from dairy intolerance). If you are not sure if you should do this test, please contact us on 09 8465566
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 20 cm|
Lactulose & Lactose, Lactose only