Throughout our lives we are exposed to a seemingly endess array of toxic substances.
- Foods can contain a range of substances, including preservatives, flavouring, colouring, residues of pesticides and herbicides, and substances from food packaging andpreparation processes.
- Fish – especially tuna and lemonfish (shark) are common sources of mercury.
- Lead crystal, aluminium cookware, lead-glazed pottery add to the metal exposure.
- Dental fillings contain mix of silver, tin, mercury, and some other trace elements like nickel and copper.
- Drinking water, as well as the usual chlorine and flouride, is commonly high in copper, lead and PCBs from water pipe systems.
- Leaking batteries, improperly removed amalgam fillings, broken flourescent lights & mercury thermometers and some vaccinations add to the mercury load.
To read an article on mercury and its effects.
Health issues from toxic overload can include:
- Learning difficulties and memory loss
- Behavioural problems eg in children
- Mood disorders
- Skin problems
- Apparent deficiencies of important minerals
- Poor immune function, autoimmune illnesses
- Heart attack
- Bone loss
- Digestive disturbances
- Joint pain
- Chronic illness
..and many more
WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
The first step is a comprehensive consultation to gain as much insight into your health as possible is required.
A comprehensive program is tailored to your specific situation and may include dietary adjustments, nutritional and mineral supplementation, herbal support and detoxification protocols.
Getting your detox started with a regular BioCleanse session is a fabulously gentle and relaxing way to get started.
At House of Health we do not advise on the removal of dental amalgam fillings without first acertaining what the body burden is – and then we will advise you on the best way to proceed. If the toxic burden is high dental work can push the body into crisis – the aim of initial treatment is to reduce the burden and then support you during necessary dental work before carrying on with detoxification.
For optimal health maintenance, we recommend retesting for levels of toxins and minerals at regular intervals.
Did You Know?
Properly prescribed pharmaceutical drugs are the 4th-6th leading cause of death in America.
Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR) kill more people each year than pneumonia, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, suicide, homicide, septicemia, kidney disease, or liver disease.
Lazarou J, et al. Incidence of Adverse Drug Reactions in Hospitalized Patients. JAMA 1998; 279(15).
Did You Know?
A recent study found that Seattle children who consume non-organic produce have 9-times the amount of pesticides in their urine compared to children eating primarily organic produce.
Those eating non-organic fruits, vegetables, and juice had pesticide exposure levels exceeding the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s current guidelines.
Curl CL, et al. Organophosphorus Pesticide Exposure of Urban and Suburban Preschool Children with Organic and Conventional Diets. Environmental Health Perspectives 2003; 111(3).