Beetroot and Blackberry Bliss Bars
Back to school season comes every year! Try making something a bit different for the family lunch boxes and blend up these beetroot and blackberry bliss bars. Raw treats that taste great too!
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup finely grated beetroot
- ¼ cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 pinch salt
- Put the cashew nuts and dates in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Put the beetroot and berries in your blender and pulse briefly. Add the drained cashews and dates, plus the ⅓ cup coconut and salt. Pulse to form a firm paste.
- Line the bottom of a small plastic container or tin (about 20 x 20 cm) with baking paper or plastic wrap. Sprinkle with 2 Tblsp coconut, then press the mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with a little more coconut and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 12 bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe adapted and photo sourced from https://www.eatwell.co.nz/