In the last few decades, DNA analysis has transformed the field of microbiology and gut health testing. The Human Microbiome Project and research around the globe have characterised the microbial profile of the human digestive system. Now, more than ever before, the understanding of the health benefits. as well as the disease risks associated with the microorganisms that inhabit the gastrointestinal tract is revealing very important, modifiable links. Research is showing – almost daily – the importance of a healthy gut and the role the gut bacteria have in health in general.
The Complete Microbiome Mapping Test was designed to assess the gut microbiome from a single stool sample, with particular attention to microbes that cause disease or that disrupt normal microbial balance and contribute to perturbations in the GI flora and contribute to illness. The test panel is a comprehensive collection of microbial targets, screening for pathogenic bacteria, parasites, key viruses, fungi/yeasts, commensal bacteria, opportunistic pathogens, as well as measuring key immune and digestive markers.Cm
Comprehensive Stool Testing is Indicated in a Range of Common Conditions
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohns, Colitis)
- Abdominal cramps or pain
- “Leaky gut” symptoms
- SIBO. Note that while stool testing cannot diagnose SIBO, the test is an excellent accompaniment as it maps out the impact on the gut flora.
- Skin problems (acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema)
- Diarrhoea, constipation
- Bloating, excessive gas, foul odour
- Histamine (or other food) intolerance
TESTING METHODS USED
- qPCR (quantitave PCR)
TEST PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
For accuracy of test results, please adhere to the following instructions:
- WAIT 2-4 weeks after finishing a course of antibiotics
- WAIT 2 weeks after any anti-parasitic, anti-fungal, or antibacterial agents, NSAIDs or spore-forming or soil-based probiotics
- WAIT 3 days after stopping taking all digestive support supplements (HCl, enzymes, bile supplements)
- CONTINUE other prescription medications (unless listed above)
- EAT a normal diet leading up to the test
- ASK us if you are unsure (phone 09 8465566)
ABOUT THE LABORATORY
The laboratory running the test samples is NutriPATH Integrative and Functional Pathology Services, a privately owned medical laboratory that specialises in the area of functional health and well-being pathology testing.