Cardiovascular disease is the leading single cause of death in New Zealand!Heart disease, or cardiovascular disease, applies to any disease affecting the heart or blood vessels. One of the most common manifestations is atherosclerosis, where fatty deposits build up on the walls of the arteries – leading to angina (chest pain), heart attacks and strokes. Most types of cardiovascular disease are highly preventable and early stages of most are reversable.
What causes heart disease?There are many factors that can predispose a person to developing this condition.
being a post-menopausal woman
having a family history or genetic predisposition to cardiovascular disease
HOW WE WORK TO SUPPORT HEART DISEASE PREVENTIONWe pride ourselves on individualised care for people with cardiovascular concerns – both from a preventative standpoint as well as management. Your heart is more than just cholesterol and blood pressure. Your heart should lead you through your relationships and direct your actions. Keeping our hearts healthy requires attention and self-love. We know more today about how specific heart-healthy foods and specific physical ctivity reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke. Sound research shows natural treatments can improve the function of the heart! An emerging heart-healthy tip is drinking hydrogen-enriched water. Many people have levels of oxidative stress, something that is believed to be an underlying factor in the development of many diseases, due to the unmitigated production of high levels of “free radicals”. Hydrogen-enriched water selectively neutralises the most harmful of these free radicals, removing them as a source of oxidative stress. Read more here. It is important to be aware that interactions can occur between medications and natural treatments which may be harmful. All of these factors demand an individualised approach to assessment and treatment by a qualified healthcare professional.
WHO CAN WE HELP?If you . . .
- Have been told you are at risk for heart disease or you simply want to get an ideas what your risk for developing heart disease is
- Have ever been diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or early heart failure and want to do your best to prevent deterioration and avoid medical intervention
- Have changed your diet and lifestyle as instructed and STILL your cholesterol hasn’t come down
- Are interested improving your diet and lifestyle to reduce risk factors for heart disease, heart attack, or stroke
- Are receiving conventional care but want to know whether additional (complementary) treatments exist
- Want to know if you have nutritional deficiencies that may be affecting your heart health.
Request an appointment today.
- Cerebral ischaemia (low blood supply to brain) by inhalation of H2 gas: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22916706
- Cardiovascular and metabolic diseases: https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/489737 and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3679390/
- Heart failure: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6079195/ and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12714335